Who we are
Our website address is DFrankGreen.com You can contact the site owner via the Contact page should you have any questions about this policy
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- If you subscribe to the newsletter, we collect your name and email address for the purposes of sending you stories and updates. This is kept on a server at MailChimp.com until you unsubscribe and then it is deleted. Nothing is retained and it is not shared with any other website.
- If you use the Contact page, your data is used to send an email to the site address but no data is retained nor is it used for marketing purposes.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Registration for this site is not required to access the content.
By default WordPress – the software running this site – does not collect any personal data about visitors.
What Code Is On This Site (In Plain English)
- Bottom line for me – I have a Google stats package that tells me the number of people who visit my site, what pages they visit and how they interact with my site.
- But I have no way of identifying what you as an individual do.
- And if you sign up for the newsletter, you give me your name and email address. If you unsubscribe from my newsletter – that disappears from my list and I can’t recover it.
- I do not have any Facebook tracking codes on this site. (No Facebook pixel.)
- There is an Amazon code that recognizes your home country to refer you to that country’s Amazon page. I don’t have access to this data to this and I only include it for the convenience of the reader who wants to see my ebooks (and if you’re not American, it will take you to your home country)
What Custom Code Is On This Site?
- Google stats package code to tell me what posts visitors visit.
- Google verification code that says I am who Google thinks I am.
- Amazon code that directs clicks to Amazon to the correct country store.
- MailChimp email code that creates a popup form for subscribers and the static email forms
- I have Pinterest code that allows users to share pictures on Pinterest
- I have Facebook code allowing readers to share posts on Facebook.
What Do I Collect?
- If you decide to subscribe, I obtain your name and email address that you enter into the form.
- If you decide not to subscribe, I don’t collect any individual stats that would allow me to identify you.
- When you unsubscribe, everything collected is deleted and I can’t access it.
Why that black line across the bottom of the site
If you click on the “Got It” button, it goes away.
You can request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.